You likely have heard this before and it is not merely a sales pitch. Now is the perfect time for preventive maintenance on your HVAC system – when the weather is not too warm in the spring, before the heat of the AZ summer kicks in and in the fall before the cooler weather starts. It is similar to your annual physical check-up with your doctor. In both cases, it is far better to be sure all is operating properly before big problems build up than to wait and have to fix a big problem after the fact. This is especially true of your Air Conditioning/Heating system.
The benefits of an annual “check-up” far outweigh the costs of the annual preventive maintenance service appointment. You will enjoy:
- Lower energy bills – When your system is maintained properly it is performing at its optimum level and highest efficiency. That translates into savings on your energy bill.
- Extended life of your system – When your system is performing at its optimum level on a regular basis because you have been properly maintaining it, you give your system its best chance to live a longer life. This is because it is working most efficiently and with less stress on multiple moving parts that are necessary to have a well operating system.
- Lower repair costs – When you regularly examine your system, you are likely to catch small fixes before they grow to a larger, far more costly problem. Even small issues cause stress to the other moving parts in your system and can eventually lead to a larger problem. Solving these smaller problems now contributes immediately to lower energy bills and extended life for your system.
Marlin Services does a 17-Point Tune Up in order to cover all the important items that should be checked to avoid a system break down. This includes:
- Check thermostat operation
- Clean or replace filter (customer supplied)
- Check system temperature split
- Check Freon level
- Inspect fused disconnect
- Inspect wiring and tighten electrical connections
- Inspect contactor, relays and pressure contacts
- Inspect electrical safety circuits
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors
- Inspect indoor blower and motor for dirt buildup
- Inspect bearings and lubricate all moving parts (as required)
- Inspect belt and adjust tension (as required)
- Inspect and clean condensate drain
- Inspect outdoor coil
- Inspect duct seal at unit and secure panel
- Explain and document all necessary repairs
- Run and test system
For a variety of reasons, it just makes good sense to practice preventive maintenance and to do it when you are not in desperate need for servicing or repair – particularly in the 100+ degree summer weather we have here.
And don’t forget to change your air filters regularly! This is such a simple thing to do and it will help greatly in properly maintaining your HVAC system.
Here are some good articles and an infographic to check out regarding the importance and benefits of a well maintained HVAC system:
For more information on how we can help you save BIG this season, contact us NOW: (602) 470-1040