Are you ready to make some green lifestyle changes in 2017? This is a great time to develop new habits that can help you and the environment. Below are simple ideas you can implement in the year ahead that can positively impact the earth and your pocketbook as well. Taking action on these items can make a difference both on our planet and on your budget.
- Carry Reusable Bags for groceries, take-out food, and shopping. Do away with the plastic.
- Go Green when you clean. Start cleaning with natural and non-toxic cleaning products for better health and for the environment. Most anything can be cleaned with white vinegar, baking soda, and a few drops of lemon.
- Slow Down on the road and save $$. In general, for each 5 mph you drive above 50 mph is like paying an additional $0.17 per gallon for gas.
- Take Care of your vehicle. Change the air filter and have the engine tuned up regularly. Inflate tires once a month or as needed. A new air filter can improve your miles per gallon by up to 10% and a tune-up can boost miles per gallon by anywhere from 4% to 40%.
- Re-purpose Coffee Grounds. Spread brewed coffee grounds in your garden, compost, and around shrubs and trees as fertilizer.
- Fix Leaks Immediately. Have any leaky faucets repaired right away, as drips leaking once each second can waste more than 8 gallons of water per day – and more than 3,000 gallons per year.
- Save Energy lowering your thermostat in winter and getting into some warm clothes can make a difference in warmth and energy savings.
Call the experts at Marlin Services for your Heating,
Air Conditioning, and Plumbing needs: 602 470-1040.